Monday, October 13, 2008

My New Favorite Season

We've been watching the colors change here in Indy for a few weeks now. It started with some of the younger maples turning bright orange, yellow and red. I can't help but point them out every time I see them. They just brighten up my day.

Now all the older trees are starting to follow suit. There is this one section of the highway between here and our church that I pass by quite often that has the most amazing shades of orange and red. They just pop out of the foliage as if to say, "don't forget that God made everything." I told Matt yesterday that I hope they never develop that section along the highway because I would really miss seeing the colors there.

We decided on Saturday to make a trip to Brown County State Park. It's about 2 hours south of Fishers and is a very popular destination for people looking for fall colors. It was a little early in the season so there weren't as many colors but we decided we better make the trip before Gracie arrives. We're planning to go next year a little later in the season. There were some breathtaking views. I posted all of our photos on our flickr site.

I've decided that Fall is, in fact, my new favorite season. The cool crisp air is always so welcome and the colors are just amazing. I've decided it's God's way of easing us into the cold and making the bitter winter not seem so bad. Why else would He surround winter with beautiful fall colors and blooming spring flowers?

Of course, another great reason to love this season is because it will be the time of year we celebrate little Gracie's birthday. I hope she appreciates the fall like this South Texan does. I hope the beauty of it doesn't get lost in growing up around it.

Speaking of Gracie...she hasn't decided to make her grand entrance yet but she's definitely practicing. I'm having contractions daily and am hoping that she is making her way south so that we don't have to have a C-section. I go back to the doctor for measurements today and then again on Wednesday to see how I'm progressing. The last item for the nursery just came in today so I'll get some pictures of the nursery all set up some time this week. I'm so excited to meet Gracie but am trying to be patient so that she can come when she's good and ready. Only Gracie knows when that time will be. I'll just sit back and enjoy my new favorite season while I wait. :)

No comments: