Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I Voted!

Today Matt and I went down to the Hamilton County courthouse to vote. We stood in line for about 30 minutes. Not easy for me at 9 months pregnant. I'm definitely glad to have it done. Now I can go into labor and know that I've done my duty as a citizen of this great nation. I guess I can tell Gracie one day that she got to vote in the 2008 election too.

We decided that the outcome of the election probably won't matter much to us immediately because we will have just had our little girl. My c-section is scheduled for Monday November 3rd at 2pm. I had an appointment today with Dr. Kerlin and she answered all of my questions about the procedure. I've had lots of advice from people who've been through it before and I feel pretty ready for it. The consensus I get is that a c-section is actually not as bad as a natural delivery. I'm sure I'll be a ball of nerves Monday morning and I probably won't get much sleep Sunday night but at least by 2:20 on Monday we'll have met our little Gracie.

We'll keep everyone posted and try to upload pictures as soon as we can.

No comments: