Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Getting Closer

We had an appointment with Dr. Kerlin (my OBGYN) today. I told her that I could tell I was doing a bit too much this weekend because I was contracting quite a bit. When she checked me I was dilated to 3 cm and 50% effaced and she said, "You really have been contracting!" She was pretty surprised that I've progressed that far because I'm only 35.5 weeks but she said that if I went into labor they wouldn't do anything to stop it. She sent us home with orders to keep track of the contractions and call her if they become regular. Right now Gracie is breech which means if I went into labor I'd have to have a c-section. I'm trying to talk the little one into moving into the head down position to make this whole process easier on both of us. If she's anything like I imagine she'll move when she's good and ready.

We asked if Dr. Kerlin thought I would go early but she said that there really isn't anyway to know. Some women sit at 3 cm for weeks and end up having to be induced past their due date. I'm praying that Gracie comes sooner rather than later but only if it's safe.

That's all the news I have for now. I'm working on getting the nursery complete and I'll post pics as soon as I do. I just posted my Natchitoches shower pictures today. They are on our flickr site.

No comments: