Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Breechy Keen

We had an appointment with Doctor Kerlin today and she did a quick ultrasound to see if little Gracie had decided to head for the border. She hasn't. The doctor seems to think she's pretty much stuck in the butt down position and I tend to agree with her. The funny thing is I can feel her feet on my left side about half way up my belly which means she's basically eating her toes. Dr. Kerlin said that babies in this position find it hard to lower their legs for a few days after birth. They just get so used to being folded up that their feet spring back up when you try to push them down. That should be fun to see. :)

So, on the assumption that Gracie is as stubborn as I think she is we'll be scheduling a c-section for Nov. 3rd or 4th. I'm awaiting a call from the doctor for the final date. It's kind of nice to have an end date on the calendar. I'm not looking forward to the c-section recovery but I am looking forward to meeting our Gracie. It's also a good excuse for family to come and stick around for a little while to help us out.

No comments: