Sunday, April 5, 2009

Gracie Goes to Bible class

Today was a big day for Gracie Girl. She went to Bible Class for the first time! We had to sit in the toddler class because the cradle roll teacher was home sick. She sat in my lap and watched all the "big" kids singing and learning. She got to hold all the same toys they did (animals to represent what God made, Bible that says God Loves Gracie, etc.) and really stayed interested most of the time.

She was more alert and attentive today than yesterday. Her voice sounded different today than it did yesterday. It's almost as if she is expressing more emotions with it rather than just crying because she needs something. She babbles when she's happy. Squeals and laughs when she is excited. And kind of "harumphs" when she is upset.

She got another tooth today. It had been right beneath the surface the last couple of days and today it erupted onto the scene pretty uneventfully. In other words, she didn't seem to experience any pain. Don't worry, I put a bit of orajel on her gums tonight before bed just in case.

She has started playing all of her toys like maracas. She shakes them so hard that she hits herself in the face. This doesn't seem to bother her though. She just keeps right on going. I noticed it in the car the other day when I started to hear a banging in the back seat and I thought maybe a cup was rolling around and hitting something (I really need to clean my car). It turns out it was Gracie Girl going to town with a toy on her car seat.

We're going to try the cradle roll class again next week. They have one of those moon shaped tables with seats in it. All the babies sit in them and the teacher sings and tells them stories. I might even try and leave her for a bit. We'll see. I haven't really made up my mind completely on that. I'm taking baby steps.

No comments: