Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Gracie's Big Day(s)

I opted to post twice today in order to help you see I haven't completely lost my mind.

I was feeding Gracie this afternoon and afterwards she was sitting in my lap chewing on my finger. I felt something sharp and realized that she cut a tooth. Her very first little tooth!

In the last two days she has started sitting on her own and she found her feet. She can sit up on her own for about a minute before toppling over. She uses her hands to hold herself in place. That's what they call tripoding. Today I startled her several times with my laugh and she actually started catching herself before she would fall. She has such an amazing core strength. She just loves sucking on her toes and when in a sitting position will lean down grab them.

She has had a few really big milestone days and I am so proud of her. She is so amazing to me. I know that all babies reach these milestones but man it just seems like Gracie is the only little girl in the world right now. I'm sure that's the way all parents feel about their kiddos. Wouldn't it be wrong if we didn't? If it was just another day to us?

This all makes me feel a lot better about the last few weeks. She's obviously been striving to reach these goals and it has disrupted her sleep. Hopefully I will remember this tonight when she wakes me up. I am giving her a dose of tylenol and baby oragel before bed to ward off any teeth pain that may wake her up. Fingers crossed.

Speaking of bedtime, it's time to put the little bit to sleep. I'll try and post some pics of her sitting up and enjoying her toes soon.

Note to Gracie:

You are amazing in every way!

No comments: